Winning The Liebster Award
I am so happy to announce that somedays back, I was nominated for a Liebster Award ! As you would probably be aware, Liebster Award is an award that a newbie blogger gets and then passes on to 11 other newbie bloggers, who have to answer 11 questions, asked by the person who nominated them. I think this is a great way of supporting one another, helping eachother grow and maybe even collaborating in the future.
At this point, I would like to thank Katja VS World for finding me suitable for this award.
11 Answers to 11 Questions (A Great Liebster Award Protocol)
She asked me the following 11 questions and I am writing my answers below:
1. What are the 3 items that you would take on a deserted island ? A mirror, a knife and a mobile phone with all accessories
2. How many countries have you visited so far and how many more are you planning to visit ? 3 Countries and looking forward to visit at least 25 before I retire from work
3. Do you ever feel super nervous before your upcoming trip and would actually rather stay at home, but when you arrive to the destination, you have no idea what you were thinking ? No, surprisingly I never felt like that, I was always a little more excited than nervous
4. What are your top five bucket list items ? Travelling on all of the World’s Top 10 Longest Running Trains, Covering atleast 25 Countries before I retire, 30-Day Road Trip in open Jeep across India (and only camping at night, without staying in hotels or backpacking hostels), Swing of the World in Equador and experiencing Northern Lights
5. What is your preferred destination ? (beach, city,…) Any new place is liked by me, so far as it involves travel & exploration
6. Which country has surprised you in a positive way ? Well, I haven’t been to many countries yet, so can’t really answer this question
7. Do you have a favourite travel book and movie ? I am not very fond of reading but watching movies on Space and planets etc always interests me.
8. What are five songs that are always on your ‘travel playlist’ ? Rough Waters, Titanium, This Is What It Feels Like, Khaabon Ke Parindey and Coldplay Paradise
9. Do you prefer to travel solo, with a travel partner or in groups ? Solo
10. Are you are a planner, a spontaneous traveller or a mix of both ? A mix of both. When I travel with family & friends, I like to plan. On solo travel, you may suddenly find me begin my travel any time of the day or night.
11. What is your preferred way of accommodation when you travel? (Couchsurfing, Airbnb, hotels, hostels…) Backpacking hostels, typically 2X2 beds in a one room
I had placed this post on me getting nominated and wanting to pass on the benefit to another 11 newbie travel bloggers, but I feel so terribly bad that everybody I chose had already received the Liebster Award. Still, if there is anybody who isn’t yet nominated & is interested, let me know. Till then, the below questions for you:
- When & why did you start travel blogging ?
- What is that one quality you admire the most in your fellow travelers ?
- What are the top 3 items on your bucketlist ?
- What’s the best thing to have happened to you whilst you were on the road ?
- Who’s the weirdest person you have met during your travels ?
- What are the top 5 things you always carry when you fly far-off ?
- Assuming you are full-time working in office, how would you manage traveling ?
- Where, when & how has been your last trip ?
- Who do you miss the most when you are away from home ?
- How do you keep a track of budget whilst traveling ?
- What’s your view on fellow travelers getting into a one night stand ?