Aay Kay Hotel (Amritsar)
Amritsar happened all of a sudden. All 5 of us great friends discussing on random subjects at 11.30 pm in my home and suddenly one of us mentioned the idea of visiting the Golden Temple. All of us agreed almost instantly, ready to fly in 2 weeks time. Destination finalized and Flights booked to & fro the same night, without really worrying about the hotels in Amritsar, as we were damn sure of some good stay options there.
Aay Kay ! One of the better hotels in Amritsar 🙂
We arrived in this hotel, after suggestion from the Auto Rickshaw driver and upon quick inspection, found it good. We required 2 rooms for 5 of us for 2 nights and am glad we were able to get them in quick time on the spot. An earlier booking with another hotel gone wrong, this hotel really came to our rescue. The hotel is located very near to the Amritsar Railway Station, about 5-7 minutes walking. On our way, we could find some food joints too, one which we tried & found good.
Deluxe room for 2 girls and Executive room for 3 boys were indeed sufficient. The Manager was really nice that he didn’t charge for the extra bed in the Super Deluxe room. The rooms were nice and clean, with white bed-sheets without any stains, no foul odour, pleasant illumination, soft cushions and pillows, very clean washrooms with hot shower facility working very fine as well.
I actually loved the Executive room (bigger room) so much that me & my 8-month old son gave pretty similar reaction 🙂
Similar reaction can be seen when you pay a visit to The Golden Temple, only 4-5 kms away.
Other Aspects of the Hotel
- They have an in-house restaurant but we couldn’t have food here anytime due to our schedule.
- Service standards were very high
- The check-in and check-out process both were very quick
- The Manager was also very helpful in terms of guiding us with sight seeing and how to go about it.
Distance to Popular Tourist Spots
- Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh and Cloth Market are around 5 Kms
- Wagah Border is nearly 30 kms one way but then, this is equally far from any of the hotels in Amritsar
Overall, a pleasant experience.