The Best Sunrise I Experienced (Kanyakumari)
Apparently one of the most awaited, most anticipated and most eagerly looked-at landmark in entire Southern India. I had reached Kanyakumari after an exasperating-but-fulfilling train travel of my life by #VivekExpress, been in that train for 83 hours & 25 minutes at a stretch – to make it one crazy journey. The day I reached, by around 10.00 am earlier morning, I was awaiting to see and experience an awesome sunrise @ Vivekanand Rock Memorial, as many put out to me before the start of the journey.
And awesome it was ! I was up at 5.00 am, did freshen up and was dot at the spot at 5.45 am the next morning. Showing below some of the pictures in chronological order of time, beginning 5.45 am to about 8.00 am:
Not enough to write about, but only some of the best clicks I could take, off my own little-bit of photography skills.
A few pointers for experiencing this awesome sunrise @ Vivekanand Rock Memorial (Kanyakumari):
- Although the place from where you get to see the sunrise is popularly referred to as Vivekanand Rock Memorial by a lot of tourists, it is not so. Since the sunrise & the landmark Vivekanand Rock Memorial both are on your EAST when you click the picture, the logic is so derived. So, when you click, you see the morning sun with the said landmark – as you can see in my above pics. The place is actually Kanyakumari Beach.
- It helps never-the-less to use this name, as a lot of people identify with what you want to see and even the locals guide you, if you are walking alongside other tourists early morning. It is a given.
- Vivekanand Rock Memorial, in reality, has to be reached by a ferry, and the ferry service is operational from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm, again off the Kanyakumari Beach (read on my seperate post on Vivekanand Rock Memorial, coming up in a few days…)
- Even at 5.30 am, there will a lot of people around and it takes some curiosity on our part to find the best place where there is not much hussling & pushing around going on. There is a seating arrangement pretty similar to what we find in the cricket stadiums – just that here you have only 2-3 concrete rows. Others vie for sweet spots for standing.
- Old ladies from India become surprisingly strong in pushing you off, getting themselves a standing spot in between you & your neighbour / partner 😉 But then that’s how it is in most of the places in India. Relax !
- I suggest you don’t follow others in catching the glimpse, whichever way they do. Instead, try to see if you can go down, just off the rocks in between the waters of the ocean. If you see some of my above pics, you will notice – to avoid general public – I was pretty much into the waters. BE CAREFUL THOUGH.
- Tea / Coffee is available right from 4.00 am. Washroom facility is also located a little away from the spot. Just incase 😉
Subsequently, I did find out some other interesting things peculiar of Kanyakumari as well as Top 7 Things To Do In Rameshwaram. Check it out by clicking on the blue and let me know what you feel about this 🙂
Did you like this post of mine ? If yes, may I request you to share it on your social media accounts and help me reach a wider audience ? #Sharingiscaring 🙂