Year 2015 In Review
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 25,000 times in 2015. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 9 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
I think it’s a great time to share with all the viewers of FLY WITH SHAUNAK blog, some of the things I have in mind:
1) 27th Jan 2015 was the day I made my website and started #blogging, majorly on #travel & #tourism. Small step was taken in a direction of cultivating my hobby, which has now become a passion of sorts, apart from my profession. 82 blogs got published in a year that had about 25,000 Views, 7200+ Visitors, 1100 Email Subscribers, 698 #FacebookFans and 310 #Twitter Followers.
2) Year 2015 was great w.r.t to exploring places:
- #Thailand in January
- Dhuandhaar and #Bhedaghat in February
- #SriLanka and #Jabalpur in June
- #Hyderabad in August
- #Pondicherry in September
- #Mumbai in October
- #Amritsar in November and
- #NewDelhi in December
3) Year 2016 may see me travelling to the following places:
- Jabalpur in January
- #Jamshedpur in February
- Travel an epic 4,280 Kms & 84 Hours at a stretch in India’s Longest and World’s 10th Longest Running Train (#VivekExpress) in March
- #Kanyakumari and #Rameswaram in March
- #Ahmedabad in June
- #Leh and #Ladakh in August
- #Dubai and #AbuDhabi in December
4) As a full time working professional & such, where my job does not require me to travel, it’s quite tough to proceed on solo explorations every now and then. The top 2 challenges I face is funds and managing leave from work. As of now, I am only spending from my monthly salary, which means every rupee counts during my solo trips. So, all such trips are very budget-friendly. While I do make it possible money-wise, taking leaves also need to be a wise and logical decision, timing of leaves needs to be correct and official tasks need to be given priority first, always.
5) My #solotrips are budget-oriented, which also means I take a mix of short-haul, long-haul, solo and with-family vacations. Short-haul are the ones done on the week-ends and most probably the long-hauls are 2 major trips of 10-12 days each, in any year. This has helped me have a great balance of work-life and health.
6) Designing of my website is on the cards. I will have a new look and introduce some of the exciting features in there. So, watch out for my websitewww.flywithshaunak.com.
7) If anybody, any travel company or #tourismboard wishes to work with me, you may get in touch with me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) And finally, I thank you all for viewing, following, commenting and giving me some great suggestions. I appreciate your love & affection.